Monday, January 31, 2011

Ugh

I'm STILL sick. The cold seems to have stalled into some kind of icky congestion and I am incredibly nauseous and tired. I fluctuate between feeling sick at the thought of food and needing to eat an entire (mini) loaf of bread. And no, before anyone asks, I am NOT pregnant. I think, and my mother agrees, that it's probably post nasal drip from the congestion making my stomach feel all kinds of ick which in turn makes me not want to eat. It's happened before. Water seems to help, which is good because I am also massively thirsty. Probably dehydration from the cold.

But, I did manage to work out. I took it easy and actually had to cut short one of my running blocks (only by a minute, I doubt it made a difference). I am still on Week 2 of the 5K training plan although I should be on Week 3. With all the colds and congestion I've had the past month I've missed a lot of time and I don't feel ready to move on to the next level. I'm disappointed but I think taking it easy on my body until I feel better rather than pushing it is the smartest move. Hopefully this won't last long. I'm going to cross my fingers and blame it on normal cold and flu season and hope that the flu shot I got will lessen the severity of any symptoms I get.

And on that note, I am off to bed! Here's hoping that I have much more fun posts coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment