Sunday, January 23, 2011

Still Here

I haven't gone anywhere, I swear. I've had a busy week and a half but I'm still hanging in there.


Unfortunately, I have been a total lazy butt and haven't been keeping up with my training plan the way I should. I blame cold weather, a suddenly booming social life (must be the new zodiac sign) and a Dr. Who DVR fest. But, since one of my New Year's resolutions is to be more forgiving of myself, I am going to appreciate the fact that I worked out at least one day and promise myself that I will try harder this week.


Of course, I woke up this morning with the beginnings of another cold but I am still going to get up tomorrow and do my best. The nice thing about allowing myself plenty of time to train for my 5K is that I can get sick and take it easy for a week and still be ready to run. I hope this cold passes quickly but if not I will still be in good shape.


One way I am beating this cold is with dleicious homemade soup! Unfortunately, I followed another blogger's adaption of a recipe and I think she may have doubled the recipe or wrote the recipe wrong. I checked the link for the source recipe AFTER I made my soup and realized that the bean and grain portions were about 1/2 of what she used....my soup was VERY thick but still delicious. I will spare you a picture until I make it again properly but I'm hoping that hot veggie soup, warm cornbread muffins and plenty of Stash Lemon Ginger tea (my favorite) will have me feeling better in no time. Until then, I will leave you with a picture of the boy who has been keeping me cozy all day.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment