Sunday, January 9, 2011

So, I finished Week 1 of my Couch to 5K plan and I feel amazing. I am energized and excited and I swear that my pants are looser already. That could also be because I banished the office candy bowl from my cubicle. But, I am having doubts as to whether I committed myself to something bigger than I can handle. Most of the resources I've read agree that a beginner runner should not even think about running a marathon in the first 12 months. I should be concentrating a 5K and then maybe a second 5K and then maybe I can think about a 10K. A 5k, 10K, 10 Miler, Half-Marathon and Marathon in one calendar year is insane. And it probably is. And I am probably going to regret this and I am probably going to fail. But does that mean I shouldn't do it anyway? Or at least try until my body says to stop? This is something I think I am going to wrestle with for awhile. Stay tuned.

On a much more fun note, I went crazy shopping this weekend. I rampaged through Target and Pier 1 and bought whatever girly, frilly thing my heart desired. I just moved into my first all-by-myself apartment and I am having a wonderful time decorating it with whatever girly, flowery thing that strikes my fancy. I have no one to answer to but myself and I enjoy it. The cat may not like it but he doesn't appear to be saying much:


And now I am relaxing. It has been COLD in the District this weekend. I had planned to have an "unfried" chicken salad but it was far too cold and blustery for anything other than piping hot comfort food. I found a potato chowder recipe on the Weight Watchers website and after a harrowing trip to the grocery store (the less said about it the better) I had the slow cooker going. After a few hours I had a delicious soup and I added some warm cornbread muffins on the side for a yummy dinner.



Now I am curling up with a glass of cheap red wine and "Eat Pray Love" on Netflix and I am relaxing before an AM treadmill session and back to work. Good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment