Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

So, it appears that I am a little late to the game with my 2011 post but it's time for an update. So, what have I been doing for the past two weeks? Honestly, not a whole heck of a lot. I didn't work out for a single minute while I was at my parents' house. I brought my sneakers and my workout clothes and then they just...sat there. In my defense, a blizzard in New England plus spending time with my niece and nephew didn't leave a lot of opportunity for working out. But I didn't do very much when I got back home, either.

However, today I got up on the treadmill and started Day 1 of the 5K training plan. So far so good. I downloaded the 5K Training Plan from http://personalrunningtrainer.com and I think I will like it. It's a basic walk 2-minute, run 1-minute program that lasts about 35 to 40 minutes with a cool down. The music is some pretty cheesy house music (anyone else flashing back to season 1 of Jersey Shore?) but it's catchy and keeps me motivated. I found the program to be pretty easy to keep up with but I still broke one heck of a sweat. I'm looking forward to Day 2.

Now I'm off to drink some warm tea and watch the season premier of Pretty Little Liars!

No comments:

Post a Comment