Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spoke Too Soon

Yup, the evil cold has returned. This time with sore throat and hives. And just in time for a bit of freakishly warm spring weather perfect for running outside. I managed to drag myself to the gym anyway and got some really good runs in. It's nice to know that even with a respiratory infection, I'm still stronger than I think. However, today I am scheduled for another run but I think I'm going to spend the day on the couch with a box of tissues instead. I feel SO GUILTY about missing a run, especially since the 5K is one month from tomorrow. But I think the smart thing to do is to let my body rest so I can kick this cold once and for all and be strong for the remainder of my training.

So, what do you do when you are sick? Do you take the day off and rest or keep on going? I've heard so many conflicting pieces of advice on this one. But I think I'm going to follow my gut this time and rest up.

No comments:

Post a Comment